About the Xstream Dual Lane Sliding Shoe Sorter
- The NPI Xstream is designed to benefit companies looking to sort difficult to automate parcels. It’s an extremely accurate, and especially cost-efficient way to automatically sort thousands of parcels per hour.
- Using multiple cameras designed to scan the barcode of the parcel at any position, the Xstream will utilize the scanned barcode information to direct the parcel to the correct zip code for easy shipment.
- It’s capable of processing parcels at a very high throughput using shoes and slats optimized for consistent anti-jam sorting of parcels. The parcels are accurately dropped into different bin destinations such as tubs, sacks and gaylords.
- Each bin destination is equipped with with a sensor that notifies you when a bin is full and ready to be swapped out.
- Even if your facility has a challenging footprint, the Xstream is meticulously engineered with a modular design that allows the system to fit within facilities with limited space.
- The system has flexible design options available to minimize your footprint allowing you to save on valuable floor space.
- We use a versatile and user-friendly web-based software program that can be integrated with your system using a secure API to transmit package data.
- The NPI Xstream has proven itself to reduce labor costs dramatically, and many companies see a return on investment within months after installation.
- Throughput up to 24,000 parcels and flats per hour
- Compact and scalable design
- Inbound and Outbound package processing
- Multi-sided omni-directional barcode reading capability for most 1D, 2D and Postal barcode types
- Sorts plastic, poly bags, boxes, flats and most irregular pieces
- Handles a wide variety of product sizes, shapes and weights
- Integrates with existing conveyor systems
- Multiple product and output options
- Versatile and user-friendly web-based software
Physical Mail Characteristics
|LENGTH||Min 4” (101mm)/Max 24” (610mm) Greater Capacity Optional|
|WIDTH||Min 4” (101mm)/Max 20” (508mm) Greater Capacity Optional|
|HEIGHT||Min 0.197” (5mm)/Max 18” (457mm) Greater Capacity Optional|
|WEIGHT||Min 0.8 oz (23g)/ Max 60 lbs (27.2 kg)|
|VOLTAGE||380 – 480 VAC 3PH|
|CURRENT||Depends on Configuration|
|FREQUENCY||50hz – 60hz|
- Hydraulically operated parcel dumper. Accomodates most pallets, gaylords, carts and containers
- Semi-automated infeed
- Hopper – Gen3 Semi automated feed conveyor
- Incline conveyor / hopper for delayering
- Singulation Table (patent pending)
- Right angle conveyor transitions for semi-automatic singulation
- Hopper – Gen3 Semi automated feed conveyor
- Wide variety of horizontal – incline / decline conveyors for parcel feed and recirculation
- 3D Parcel dimensioning with certified Legal For Trade option
- In-motion weighing with up to 2g accuracy. Certified Legal For Trade option available
- BCR & OCR scanning up to 6 sides. Most codes and bar code sizes readable
- Label Print & Apply
- High-speed label printing and application
- Gapping Module
- Gapping conveyors adjust parcel gap for optimal throughput
- Sort Module
- Sort modules configurable for high density output pitch at 22”, 33” 44” as well as variable pitch
- Single sided and double sided configuration available
- Output Devices
- Sort output devices available for any application
- Options include chutes, slides, gaylord, boxes, bags, carts, and conveyor spurs
- Outputs include sensors for divert confirmation, container present, and container full
- Postal Organizations
- Magazine Publishers
An Efficient and Economic Solution for Parcel or Package Sorting
Parcels can be difficult to sort because they are bulky, come in all shapes and sizes, and are extremely labor intensive to manually sort. NPI’s parcel sorting solution can sort a wide range of parcels with maximum efficiency from the sorter and the operators. Depending on the size of parcels to be processed, the sorter automatically adapts to the parcel size, which can result in throughputs reaching up to 24,000 parcels per hour utilizing NPI’s dual track sorter design. Parcels are sorted using a barcode or barcodes printed on the parcel. These barcodes can be an Intelligent Mail parcel barcode (IMpb) or other commercial types of barcodes.
The NPI Xstream Dual Lane Sliding Shoe Sorter is a reliable, flexible, efficient, and economic solution for parcel or package sorting. The sorter’s flat belt front end and shoe-type sorter design provides a platform capable of sorting a wide range of mail or package types from letters or flats mail to irregular packages in bags or flexible containers to typical rectangular boxes.
The base NPI Xstream Dual Lane Sliding Shoe Sorter solution consists of the modules listed below.
- Feed conveyor(s)
- Automatic gapping module for each feeder lane
- Incline ramp section for each feeder lane
- Reader support module with top side reader for each feeder lane
- Dual shoe sort modules (including outputs)
- Safety controls
The options listed below are available to provide additional functionality to the base NPI Xstream solution.
- Additional stacker modules
- Semi Automated Induction Module
- Servo controlled conveyors that utilize small diameter rollers for the precision handling of irregular packages
- Bottom side barcode reader (BCR) for each feeder lane
- In-line weight scale
- Dimensioner tunnel
- Container full sensor
- Container present sensor
- Return conveyor for reprocessing out of scheme parcels
- Output options